The MARC Train Service (MARC) is an integral component of Maryland's transportation system. The 187-mile commuter rail system, providing service on three lines, operates Monday-Friday between Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC and Perryville, MD; and Washington, DC and Martinsburg, WV.
Visit their website: http://mta.maryland.gov/marc-train
Click here for important information about returns, refunds, and expiration dates.
One-Way tickets expire 6 months from date of purchase and are nonrefundable. Weekly tickets are valid for one calendar week and are refundable if the return postmark is dated no later than 11:59 p.m. the Friday prior to the effective week. Monthly tickets are valid for one calendar month and are refundable, based on the return postmark date, as follows:
- Postmarked prior to effective month: 100% refund
- Postmarked 1st through 5th of effective month: 75% refund
- Postmarked 6th through 10th of effective month: 50% refund
- Postmarked after the 10th of effective month: 0% refund
- The Metro fare portion of the Transit Link card ($117) is non-refundable once it has been used in the Metro system.
- If your MARC TLC ticket becomes damaged, ONLY WMATA can provide you with a substitute pass. These passes are ONLY available at the Metro sales office.
- You can choose to have your order automatically renewed each month. Recurring orders are shipped to arrive a few days prior to the beginning of the month. You will not be charged until your order is processed by CommuterDirect.com®. You can easily suspend your recurring order for one or more months by logging in to your account, clicking the " Recurring Orders" tab, and editing your recurring order.
- To create a Recurring Order, click "Recurring Orders" in the menu. Select your transit system to go to the order form for that system. Choose your product and quantity. Use the pop-up menu to select the month for which you would like to begin receiving your order. Click the "create recurring order" button. If you would like to place recurring orders for additional products, repeat the process for each product.
- If you would like to pay for a portion of your recurring order by SmartBenefits or fare vouchers, a credit card must be on file in your CommuterDirect account. Please select the type of alternative payment and enter the amount you will be sending. Your credit card will be charged for any remaining balance.
- Note that a shipping charge is added each time an order is shipped.
- If you would like to place a one-time order, in addition to your recurring order, please return to the fare menu after creating your recurring order and click "One-Time Orders."
- Click here to download a Fare Voucher Mail-In Form.